See photos (5)

Chappe Telegraph of the Bear Plan

Historic site and monument in Saint-André

Gratuit
  • Built in 1806, the Telegraph Chappe du Plan de l'Ours is located close to the mills of Pralognan and the Vanoise National Park. In its forest setting, it is the first rehabilitated station in Savoie.

  • Between 1806 and 1814, it was one of the 33 posts linking Lyon to Turin. Its optical mechanism, associated with a specific vocabulary, allowed the sending of confidential messages by displaying 92 different signals.
    With its arrowed access, car and coach parking, it is also accessible to people with reduced mobility.
Services
  • Services

    • Animals accepted
      • Animals kept on a leash.
    • Guided visits (groups only)
  • Rates
  • Free
Openings

Openings

  • All year
    Opened Everyday
Useful address
Schedules
Our suggestions